Authors: Monaliza Armah1 | Harriet Fosua Attafuah2
1Lecturer, African University College of Communications
2Assistant Librarian, University of Energy & Natural Resource
Despite the fact that brand awareness is good and an intelligent way to help increase the purchasing of good and services, it is underutilized and relatively unknown among many business developers and persons, especially Melcom. This study therefore sought to explore the impact of brand awareness on customer loyalty: a case study of Melcom – Agona Swedru. A qualitative research design guided this study and the interviewing method of data collection was used in extracting information from the respondents. The respondents of this study were both staff and customers of Melcom. A simple random sampling was used in selecting 27 respondents for the study. The researcher analyzed the data using STATA and Microsoft Office. An informed consent was sought from the respondents and all ethical issues were adhered to. From the study, 15(55.6%) were males and 12 (44.4.0%) were females. The researcher divided the ages of the respondents into groups of four age differences per the outcome of the interview starting from age of 15-19years and ended at ages of 40-44. Of these groups, the table shows that, the majority of the respondents 10 (37%) were in the ages of 35-39years and also few, 3.7% (1 person) each was in the age group of 20-24 and 40-44 years. The third socio-demographic variable from the table (level of education) reports that, 14 (51.9%) respondents had Senior High School as their highest level of education, while few of the respondent, 5(18.5%) have ever had tertiary education. Also, among the 27 respondents, 92.6% (25 respondents) were Christians while the remaining 7.4% (2 respondents) were Muslims. The researcher recommended that the Government should endeavor to initiate ventures (workshop centers, business branding awareness joints) for businesses in Agona Swedru in order for them to meet some of their societal and educational obligations in the society. There is a need for policy makers (the Ghana Revenue Authority, the Media and Business Management Team for instance) to increase information and awareness of businesses through outreach programmes Agona Swedru. It is recommended that, the studies should be conducted in other part of the country to help identify more questionable problems relating to brand awareness and communication related issues.
Keywords: Branding, Brand Awareness, Customer Loyalty, Marketing & Promotion