Authors: Courage Kwasi Dovi | Paul Kwabla Afatsawu
Akatsi College of Education | New Ayoma Jasikan – Father Dogli Memorial Technical lnstitute
This article is focus material analysis such as sieve analysis, sedimentation (hydrometer analysis), Atterberg tests (liquid limit, plastic limit and shrinkage limit) and compaction (protor method) tests were conducted on the soil and the granite powder so as to obtain all the relevant index properties of the materials under consideration. The raw materials were batched by weight of the soil by replacing 10% by weight of the soil with 10% by weight of the granite powder and polyethylene. In other words, the clayey soil was maintained at a constant percentage of 90% while the remaining 10% was proportionally distributed to the two waste materials in a complementary percentage manner. Thus, (0% + 10%, 2.5% +7.5%, 5% +5%). The bricks were fired at a temperature of 11000C.
Keywords: Strength and Durability Properties, Fired Bricks, Polythene Powder and Granite Powder, Clayey Soil